Drex and Maney on Kiss 95.1 in Charlotte had a clever idea for a prank: Do their interview with Justin Bieber as scheduled, but then switch things up, explaining to him that they were double-booked with interviews, and "Regis Philbin"(Eric) was going to come on with them too, if that's okay. What was the Biebs gonna do? Priceless.
"We used Eric's killer Regis voice to pull a prank on Justin Bieber! It was hilarious! Voice pranks only work when you have a great talent that can pull it off! Eric is the only guy we would ever use on air!
- Maney - Morning Host, Kiss 95.1 - Charlotte
"There's a guy in New York who's pretty good, but I gotta admit, Eric holds his own!"
- Regis Philbin, after hearing Eric impersonate him on the air during an interview with Mojo in the Morning, Channel 955
"Well, I didn't know you also had the Former President on your program!"
- Former President Jimmy Carter, after hearing Eric's Bill Clinton impression on Mojo in the Morning, Channel 955
"Hey, great to talk to ya. I thought it was a put-on at first...now I can hear."
- Andy Rooney, responding to who he thought was President Bill Clinton, but in reality was Eric
"I’ve never worked with someone with so much talent. Eric’s impressions are dead-on! We’ve fooled the best and the listeners loved it! And even better than Eric’s talents, he is an awesome guy to work with. A total pro and very dependable!!"
- Mojo - Mojo in the Morning, Channel 955 - Detroit
"His impersonations are incredible."
- Casey Kasem
First off, I don't pretend that I can do a great Tom Brokaw impression. But I did it on Mojo in the Morning during the Presidential election coverage. For my birthday in 2000, Mojo surprised me by having the "real" Tom Brokaw on hold listening, while I exaggerated those hard to say 'L' sounds. My face was redder than the 'on-air' sign.